Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Howard Stern up date...

Still working on getting the audio from Sam's Howard Stern interview this morning...but in the meantime here's what they posted about it on Howard's site...


SAM 'THE COOKING GUY' IS A HERO
Howard got Sam 'The Cooking Guy' Zien on the line to celebrate the clip he played yesterday in which Sam told 'Today' show host Kathie Lee Gifford to stop talking over him. Sam shrugged it off: "I feel like, you know, they brought me up to do a job – like you were saying yesterday – and all of a sudden I had to cut through it somehow."
Sam said he was a little miffed when he was asked back to the 'Today' show a couple weeks later for a intervention segment with an 'etiquette expert': "I don't think I did anything wrong. I don't think I had anything to apologize for." Sam laughed that the second segment actually proved his point, as Kathie Lee and her co-host kept talking over the 'etiquette expert' as well. Sam added that he still appears on the 'Today' show, but: "When I'm on now, I'm not on with them."

4 comments:

c said...

And this my friend, is why you have a following. You are normal, and we love it!

Anonymous said...

I saw both episodes of the Today show and still don't think you did anything wrong. WAY TO GO SAM!

Jenna said...

That's what makes Sam cool. He's real and any real person would have spoken up too!

Debbie said...

those two women are ALWAYS talking over their guests!! I know they only have so much time for each segment but maybe if they cut down on the amount of time they spend talking about things no one cares about between themselves, there would be more time for the important things, like SAM !! :) Rock on Sam !!